A Strong Kansas City Heritage
Spanish Gardens has strong roots in the Kansas City community. Our grandfather, Luis Silva, a native of Guadalajara, Mexico, opened his restaurant in Argentine, Kansas City, Kansas in the 1950's featuring family recipes such as tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tamales, and a customer favorite Mexican Chili. All family dishes were served with our signature taco sauce. Our taco sauce quickly became a local favorite and he soon began spending most of his time bottling sauce and making tortillas to fill the overwhelming requests. It is now "The Most Craveable Sauce on the Planet."
The Taco House
Then, in 1968 he grew the business even more and opened a 20,000 square-foot facility called Spanish Gardens Taco House, located near 23rd and Metropolitan in Kansas City, Kansas, where nearly four decades later, it still remains today. After closing the restaurant, Luis spent the remainder of his life working diligently to expand his product line until his untimely passing in 1976. His three dedicated daughters continued his legacy, and carried out his dream of regionally dominating the Mexican food industry. Today, Spanish Gardens is a successful women and minority-owned manufacturing and distribution business continuing Luis’ tradition of quality.